Peach and berry trifle recipe
A long standing favourite among desserts, you can’t go wrong with a delicious combination of fruit and cream. Here’s a great way to serve up fresh summer fruit to your family and friends.
85g packet flavoured jelly crystals (whatever flavour you prefer)
250g fresh or frozen raspberries
Punnet of strawberries
250g tinned peach slices (cut into cubes)
250g pack unfilled sponge
1L chilled vanilla custard
200ml thickened cream, whipped
200g dark chocolate
1. Make jelly mixture as per instructions. Chill jelly but do not let the jelly set.
2. Lightly cut up fresh or slightly thawed raspberries. Put aside a few strawberries for garnish if you desire. Quarter the remaining strawberries.
3. Cut the unfilled sponge in half horizontally. Use pastry cutters to cut 12 circles of sponge to fit six serving glasses.
4. Divide the strawberries between six glasses. Pour a layer of jelly and let it set. Top with a layer of sponge, press down firmly. Spoon raspberries and peaches over the sponge. Pour half the carton of vanilla custard over the raspberries and peaches, top with a second layer of sponge.
5. Spoon remaining raspberries and peaches over the sponge, then pour a layer of jelly and let it set. Then pour over remaining custard. Cover each glass and chill for at least one hour.
6. Decorate each trifle with a swirl of whipped cream, sprinkle with shaved or grated dark chocolate and half a strawberry.