Zucchini Fritters recipe
A delicious go-to dinner or lunchtime snack, these zucchini fritters are unbelievably easy to make, highly nutritious, and the perfect way to add veggies into your diet.
700g zucchini, grated
250g cooked rice
1 brown onion, diced
150g frozen peas, thawed
70g grated parmesan
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
½ tsp ground nutmeg
125g plain flour
1. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, mix well with your hands.
2. Let mixture sit for one hour. The zucchini will release liquid and if the mixture becomes too wet, add a little flour to tighten it up.
3. Form mixture into golf-ball sized balls.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
5. Lightly flatten the fritters and place gently in the pan.
6. Cook the fritters in batches for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden, turning gently.
7. Can be served hot or cold.